There are many modes of travel each with its own perks and drawbacks, next lies recreational fun activities with such mediums as cycling and skateboarding and further.
Skateboarding is a well-liked recreational activity common among children and teens. In recent years it has gotten quite popular. But injuries associated with them can be a life-changing experience.
Although it is quite a fun and exciting activity there are serious risks or injuries associated with it. Nearly around 70,000 injuries occur each year, leading the victims to emergency departments.
There are a few safety measures that the children and parents may adopt to prevent such mishaps from doing much loss such as choosing a safe place to ride and also investing in good safety gear such as a helmet.
Since safety shall be one’s first concern no matter what activity they do. Investing in good motorcycle and bicycle safety gear can be a long-term investment that one shall not hesitate to make. And it’s always worth spending a few extra bucks on a quality product.
10 Best Certified Skateboard Helmets 2021 For Sale – Buying Guide
|Top Top||Pro-Tec Classic Cert, Matte Black, L||More Info|
|Top Top||Triple Eight Sweatsaver Liner Skateboarding Helmet, Black Rubber w/ Red, Small||More Info|
|Top Top||Punisher Skateboards Pro 13-Vent BMX Bike and Skateboard Helmet, Metallic Flake Neon Orange, Youth/Teen 9+, medium (9286)||More Info|
|Top||Triple Eight Dual Certified Bike and Skateboard Helmet, Black Matte, Small / Medium||More Info|
|Top Top||Retrospec CM-2 Bicycle / Skateboard Helmet for Adult Commuter, Bike, Skate, Matte Black, Large: 59-63cm / 23.25 - 24.75 inches||More Info|
|Top Top||KORIMEFA Skateboard Bike Helmet for Kids Youth Adult Adjustable Lightweight Multi-Sport Roller Skating Cycling Scooter Inline Skating Rollerblading Longboard for Men Women Blue M||More Info|
|Top Top||BERN, Summer Watts EPS Helmet, Matte Black, Small||More Info|
|Top Top||Triple Eight Gotham Dual Certified MIPS Skateboard and Bike Helmet, Blue Matte, Small / Medium||More Info|
|Top Top||Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet, Gloss Black||More Info|
|Pro-Rider Classic Bike & Skate Helmet (Red, X-Small)||More Info|
Considering that you are a skateboard rider and the one who just can’t get over this recreational fun activity then the first thing that you shall get your hands on is a good safety helmet that can keep you going with the fun experience.
A few of the best are discussed following for you to consider:
1. Pro-Tec Classic Certified Skateboard Helmet:
One shall always pay for a quality product. The Pro-tec classic helmet is not a mere mortal it is made to protect your head no matter how fast you skate.Whether it is a random fall of or a hit accident you shall not worry about investing in this helmet as it is made of the latest technology to absorb low and high impacts.
Another distracting factor while skating that leads to accidents is sweat dripping on the face; Pro-Tec has a wicking liner built-in that absorbs sweat and allows one to maintain focus.Additionally, it consists of 11 large vents that keep your head cool. The lightweight built is quite comfortable and it meets all safety standards. Thus no matter how fast you skate, you can trust this helmet for the safety you need.
1. Offers maximum impact absorption.
2. Meets all safety standards.
4. 11 well-placed vents to keep the head cool.
5. Nylon webbed straps for safety.
1. Helmets are uncomfortable because they make you sweat.
2. Padding can be uncomfortable.
3. When choosing the size, choose a size larger than the actual size.
4. The inner lining can be destroyed by sweat.
2- Triple Eight Helmet with Sweatsaver Liner:
It is a stylish and popular rubber helmet that is proven to protect the head quite well. It comes in two premium color options.
It is integrated with EPS hard foam and sweat absorbing technology.It has a terry cloth lining that absorbs sweat and a great ventilation system to keep out any odor.
1. Adjustable straps.
2. Advanced ventilation system.
3. The thin lightweight plastic outer shell.
4. Multi-impact absorption design.
5. Terry lining to absorb sweat.
1. Although it is 100% guaranteed to protect your head from all impact, it does not meet CPSC, ASTM or NZ certifications.
2. The plastic on the outside of the case is a bit thin, although it doesn’t break easily.
3. Punisher Skateboards Pro Series 13-Vent Dual Safety Certified:
it has the flexibility of sizing to it, it is a great one size fits all buy. It comes with 3 pad sets that can be changed to get the perfect fit.It is integrated with 12 vents that are there to keep the head cool and discard any unpleasing odor. It has EPS absorption liner that offers the best impact protection.
It has a heavy-duty nylon strap that is not easy to break and offers a quick releasing option with a turn strap adjustment.Overall this particular helmet comes at a fairly reasonable price that is made to protect the head against all impacts.
1. Dual safety standard.
2. Available in 9 beautiful colors.
3. Affordable price.
4. 12 cooling vents.
5. Quick release strap.
1. Although chin rests are quick to remove or attach, they are somewhat difficult to use.
4. Triple Eight 3037 Dual Certified:
It is a durable affordable helmet that is certified. It is smartly tailored and engineered to meet all safety aspects over a hit. it is a multi-impact helmet known to absorb all impacts.It has a safe hard outer shell with a sweat saver inner that keeps the sweat drops to drip on your face.
The ventilation system completely dries out all the sweat and prevents smell or bacteria.It gives a perfect with due to its 360-degree wrap around. It gives an option of customizing the fit using the 2 sets of fit pads.
2. Great ventilation system.
3. Sweat absorption.
4. Adjustable fit.
5. Dual certified product.
1. Without inconvenience.
2. Size issues.
Must Read Our Article:: Best Smart Bike Helmets 2021 For Sale – Reviews
5. Retrospec CM-2 Bicycle/Skateboard Helmet:
It is one of the lightweight quite comfortable helmets that provide great protection overall. The sturdy construction and looks overall makes it worth the buy.
It an excellent helmet even with its tint that happens to reduce the glare and optic distortion providing greater sight at a ride.
1. Classic skate design helmet with 11 vents to keep you cool and comfortable.
2. Keep your head protected in this Retrospec helmet as you ride on your bikes, skateboards, roller skates and scooters.
3. Fully formed ABS surrounds high quality EPS foam to ensure safety on impact.
4. Pick from a variety of matte colors to perfectly accent your bike and augment your personality.
1. The batteries that power the LED lights have a short lifespan.
2. An expensive bike helmet but worth the price.
6.KORIMEFA Skateboard Bike Helmet:
At times we just get greedy and want the safety and looks at the same time. This helmets are one beauty that takes care of it well.It is a lightweight helmet that looks very attractive on streets.
As compared to the other helmets for the same price it provides much more as the venting system is worth the mentioning here.The spacious front gives you a margin of wearing your favorite goggles too.
1. This CPSC and EN 1078 Certified adults helmet features shock-absorbing,impact resistant.
2. 11 multiple air vents, special aerodynamic design and breathable foam.
3. Frequent wearing of the child cycling helmet may left sweat on the internal foam.
4. These cycling helmets come with an adjustable strap which make it flexible to fit the size of Adult.
1. The adjustment band can be fragile.
2. Exposure to breakage.
7. Bern Unlimited Watts EPS Summer Helmet:
The Bern helmet has gotten its popularity due to its durable outer shell made out of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) polymer.The material makes it durable and gives it strength. The shell is strong enough and capable enough to handle the hardest impacts without damaging itself.
This particular helmet has 11 vents to keep the hot air out and keep your head cool.The solid shell is inaugurated with a nice knit winter liner that keeps one warm and holds the head well in place.
1. Available in multi-color options.
2. 11 vents to keep your head cool.
3. Very stylish and comfortable.
4. Strong durable shell.
1. Without air vents it is hot during the summer months.
2. The small buckle on the chin strap is difficult to use with gloves.
8. Triple Eight Gotham Dual Certified Skateboard and Bike Helmet:
This particular helmet targets all audience, kids, teens, and adults. It is a great helmet at a very reasonable price with some enticing features.It has a very hard shell for outer maximum protection.
The polyester straps are quite durable with a quick release mechanism that gives a secure fit saving your head against any accidental impact.The padded lining inside gives a margin for additional adjustment.
1. Includes two sets of removable, moisture-wicking Sweatsaver Fit Pads, and an adjustable dial system.
2. Conehead liner construction has collapsing cones that absorb energy.
3. Dual certified, urban-style helmet for skateboarding and biking features.
4. ABS shell with a subtle brim, and an impact-absorbing EPS liner.
1. Logo vents are not large enough for unobstructed airflow.
2. Not the safest bet in adverse weather conditions.
9. Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport:
This particular helmet comes with edge cutting safety made for youth. It is a multi-purpose helmet that has a stylish design and comes with a wide range of color options.The interior is padded that makes it more comfortable and secure.
This helmet has 17 top and side vents installed in this to keep your head cool.The adjustable quick release buckles make it easy to wear and take off. Razor V-17 is a great helmet at a great price.
1. Perfect for youth and kids.
2. Durable and secure.
3. 17 top and side vents.
1. Some helmets may have loose straps.
2. The width is not adjustable.
10. ProRider BMX Bike & Skate Helmet – 3 Kids, Youth, Adult:
One who is skateboarding it is important to keep a check on the safety too using the best helmet for skateboarding.The helmet has a unique dial system that can adjust perfectly around your head.
The product is well designed for skating as well as biking.It is extremely light weighted and has multiple venting systems that keep the head cool throughout giving you a comfortable riding experience.
1. Ventilation Channels for Cooling Comfort.
2. Includes Padded Inserts to help adjust fit.
3. Durable Polyester Straps with Quick-Release Buckle.
4. Hard durable shell.
1. Simple and not too fancy.
2. It may not completely cover the head.
Concerns When Buying a Skateboard Helmet:
Yes, knowing the best options available in the market is important but what’s more important is wisely choosing the right one.
Following are a few factors that one may look into a helmet when planning to buy one.
It is one of the most important things to consider. Getting the wrong fit is simply a waste of money and time when you return and reorder. The complete circumference measurement of 2.5 cm above the eyebrows gives the perfect fitting idea and prevents one from choosing the wrong size.
Though this factor is quite obvious in its definition that helmets are designed to provide safety, the important thing is to ensure it is 100.
What’s best is a durable plastic outer shell built and a hard rubber inner that is able to withstand the impacts.
The dripping sweat can easily distract one when you skate, which may result in a fall over or even the loss of balance causing serious injuries on a fall. Thus it is important to choose a helmet providing proper ventilation so that the head remains cool and prevents sweating.
Straps and Retention System:
Straps keep the helmet intact with your head while allowing you to easily open your mouth to talk, eat or drink. It is to safely secure your head and keep your helmet in place.
As comfort is the foremost thing thus one shall also make sure that the helmet has enough padding so it’s comforting and that it absorbs the sweat. Some helmets come with removable padding allowing you to wash them easily for hygiene.
Must Read Our Article:: Best Cricket Helmets 2021 For Sale – Reviews
Although skateboarding is a fun recreational activity that is quite inexpensive to start with, its skills are not acquired easily.
It takes time to get pro at it. One shall never take chances and ride a skateboard faster than their experience allows.
No matter how well you can ride it, safety shall always be observed, and it shall be done under safe controlled conditions.
To protect yourself against injuries one shall always invest in a good safe kid including a proper fit helmet. No matter your age or level of experience, it’s always best to meet the safety standards first.
- 5 Best Full Face Helmets 2021 – Review
- 6 Best Flip Up Motorcycle Helmets of 2021 – Review
- 7 Best Half Shell Motorcycle Helmets of 2021 – Reviews
- 5 Best Open Face Motorcycle Helmets Review 2021
- 12 Best Carbon Fiber Motorcycle Helmets 2021 – Review
- 10 Best Cricket Helmets of 2021 – Review & Buying Guide
- 10 Best Skateboarding Helmets Review 2021
- 14 Best Types of Motorcycle Helmets Review 2021
- 6 Best Smart Bike Helmets of 2021 – Review
- 6 Best Halo Bike Helmets of 2021 – Review
- 4 Best Hud Motorcycle Helmet Heads-Up Displays 2021 – Reviews
- 6 Best Bicycle Helmets for Kids 2021 – Review