Full face helmets are the ultimate form of protection when it comes to riding a bike, for they are the only type of helmets that provide protection to all parts of the head. If you are sure that all of your face, skull, and neck are completely covered in a layer of protection, you can take your game to the max speed on any unforgiving piece of terrain you want.
There is no doubt that other forms of helmets such as half-face helmets and quarter face helmets offer a load of other advantages like a better field of view, improved ventilation, and airflow among others,there is nothing that compares to the safety and sense of protection from a full face helmet, specifically when you are the type of adventure or adrenaline junkie that wants to amp up his game while making no compromise on wellbeing.
Anyone who has ridden their bike or any other two-wheeler like a mountain bike or ATV can easily tell you the sensation of safety that takes over while riding at high speeds with a full face helmet. But safety is not the only perk you avail of yourself with a full face helmet.
It also protects your face from gusts of strong wind and cold air in the winter season. Furthermore, your face will also stay safe from all kinds of debris flying around: mosquitoes and other bugs, dirt particles, hailstones, and raindrops, you name it.
Since you have made your way to this article and read through the upper section, there is a high chance that you will want to read more about buying the best full face helmet in 2021.
So sit back, relax and read the following article to learn about the advantages of a full face helmet; thus you will have a better idea of which model suits your needs the best, and which one you should buy.
Top 5 Best Full Face Helmets 2021 For Sale – Buying Guide
|GLX Unisex-Adult GX11 Compact Lightweight Full Face Motorcycle Street Bike Helmet with Extra Tinted Visor DOT Approved (Matte Black, Medium)||More Info|
|Bell Qualifier Full-Face Helmet Matte Black Large||More Info|
|Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet, FreedConn Full Face Built-in Bluetooth Intercom Waterproof Motorbike Helmet BM22 Bluetooth Evolution Modular Helmets with Dual Visors, 6 Riders Pairing, FM Radio (L, Blue)||More Info|
|Fuel Helmets SH-FF0017 Unisex-Adult Full Face Helmet (Gloss Black, X-Large)||More Info|
|CRG Full Face Motorcycle Street Bike Fiberglass Helmet DOT Certified ATV-6- Parent Glossy Black Size Large||More Info|
1.GLX Unisex-Adult GX11 Full Face Motorcycle helmet:
GLX Helmets was established in Southern California in 2002. We import and distribute motorcycle helmets and accessories in the United States of America.
Our overseas manufacturing plant has been producing helmets internationally since 1994. Since the inception of the GLX helmet review, our mission is to manufacture safe, affordable, and high-quality products that are marketable in any economic climate.
We have and continue to invest in Research Development design teams both in the United States of America and internationally to incorporate many of the ideas and suggestions of our American customers.
The result has been the ongoing evolution of creating safe, high quality, and innovative products. We emphasize safety first as the #1 priority in the manufacturing and design of motorcycle helmets and accessories.
For example, all our helmets go through a rigorous double safety testing procedure. First, helmets are randomly tested at the manufacturing site. Second, at the distribution site of GLX helmet reviews are randomly chosen to undergo additional safety testing at independent laboratory sites in the United States of America.
The manufacturing philosophy of safety first continues to reinforce GLX’s reputation for retail customers, distributors, and dealers in the power sports industry of marketing safe, affordable, quality products.
1. Boasting a compact, aerodynamic DOT shell design with sharp and aggressive styling for impeccable impact protection to excel whether short-distance street performance.
2. Fully removable, washable, and replaceable microfiber inner material that absorbs sweat without compromising comfort or security. Plus the GLX One-Year Limited Manufacturer.
3. Removable Breath Guard rerouting the rider’s breath to reduce shield fogging. Inserted Chin Curtain is designed to reduce wind turbulence and noise. Quick-Release Chin Strap for effortless usage.
4. Multiple conscientiously designed ventilation panels are effective in streamlining the cooling process to assist with freshening the rider’s experience.
1. The part that keeps the shield from fogging up often comes off.
2. The nose guard hurts to some degree.
3. Fragile construction.
2.Bell Qualifier Motorcycle Bike Full Face Helmet:
Packed with features gleaned directly from our flagship Star line, the Qualifier delivers exceptional performance at incredible value.
In addition to superb fit and comfort, it comes fully decked with aggressive styling, NutraFog II anti-fog, anti-scratch face shield, Velocity Flow ventilation, a removable, washable liner, integrated speaker pockets and a padded wind collar. Helmet ships with clear shield. DOT approved.
Meets the FMVSS 218 Standard, product also meets requirements imposed by the California Air Resources Board (CARB).
1. DOT approved. Meets the FMVSS 218 Standard, product also meets requirements imposed by the California Air Resources Board (CARB).
2. Lightweight Polycarbonate/ABS shell Construction. Padded wind collar drastically reduces wind and road noise.
3. Velocity Flow Ventilation system with FlowAdjust.
4. Helmet shown with optional tinted shield. (Ships with clear shield only).
1. Limited colors: matt black and black.
2. Only available with transparent visor option.
3. The sizes are a bit small.
4. It’s expensive.
Must Read Our Article:: Best Smart Bike Helmets 2021 For Sale – Buying Guide
3.FreedConn Motorcycle Bike Full Face Helmet:
The FreedConn makes its way as one of our top picks due to its reliability and safety features. If you are one of the riders with a wish to find a helmet that provides the top tier protection in all riding conditions, The FreedConn is the green light for you.
With the outer shell composed of advanced polycarbonate, the helmet does make not only a sturdy option but also a very light and well ventilated one. Moreover, it features a smoke-tinted three-stage adjustable sunshield that locks effortlessly and swiftly.
Equipped with Bluetooth 3.0 version ,keep you connected with cellphone, music player and GPS system easily and stably. he motorcycle bluetooth helmet supports one button control for calling, answering, rejecting incoming calls and redialing.
Built-in bluetooth intercom function, supports 2 riders talking or 3 riders pairing and up to 500m(1640 ft), Built in 2 premium speakers with full stereo sound.Lightweight shell with advanced ventilation system,make your ride more comfortable.
1. FreedConn Bluetooth helmet supports max intercom range up to 1640 feet for 2 riders talking or 3 riders pairing. We had meets and exceeds both ECE & DOT safety standards, don’t worry about the safety while riding.
2. Bluetooth FM helmet supports hands-free call (answering, rejecting incoming calls and redialing last number) with 1 multi-functional button. Incoming phone call overrides intercom, MP3 music, FM radio and GPS navigation audio.
3. Motorcycle helmet with Bluetooth 3.0 technology allows you to enjoy music, FM, GPS voice prompt and intercom stably while riding, makes team motorbike communication more convenient and efficient.
4. 8 hours intercom talk time and 110 hours of standby. Upgrade package comes with gloves ( same size as bluetooth motorcycle helmet).
1. Can only be used with up to three riders.
2. It becomes a bit noisy after long time use.
3. Little bit expensive.
4. Short battery life.
4.Fuel Full Face Motorcycle Helmet:
The Bell Qualifier DLX MIPS full face Motorcycle Helmet comes DOT approved and surely ticks a lot of boxes when it comes to features that make it a perfect helmet.
Some of the most notable features of the Bell Qualifier DLX MIPS include improved air ventilation technology, an integrated communication port, a multi-directional impact system (MIPS), and a study composite shell fabricated with polycarbonate material.
Nevertheless, for all of these gizmos and features, the helmet does come with a steep price tag, which makes it hard to reach for riders on a tighter budget.
But keeping the view of the type of features and protection, the Bell Qualifier DLX MIPS offers, most of the riders tend to agree that they find the helmet worthy of every cent spent. The Bell qualifier also comes equipped with a photochromic visor.
This fancy visor is UV activated, which means the user does not have the need to change the visor manually, based on low light or bright light road conditions. The visor automatically adjusts itself and turns clear in low light conditions such as during dusk, dawn and nighttime rides, and turns smoky in bright light conditions.
1. Features an auto-adjusting, high-tech photochromic visor.
2. Features a sturdy polycarbonate composite shell for added impact protection.
3. Features a multi-directional impact system MIPS for added security.
4. Comes with a five-year warranty.
1. Plastic shell. It will not protect you very well in the event of serious accidents.
2. Good for beginners only. If you are an experienced driver.
3. It doesn’t come in too many sizes available.
4. It can fog up and block your vision.
5.CRG Sports Helmet Motorcycle Full Face Helmet:
The last but by no means the last entry on our list of best full face helmets of 2021 is the Dual Sport Helmet Motorcycle Full Face Helmet. Owing to its eight, strategically placed ventilators, the helmet offers a design for ultimate ventilation and maximum airflow during a ride.
This airing system is one of the main reasons why the model is a great seller for Dual Sports. This model also has a distinctive feature: it comes with three different visors. One of the three visors is a clear one; one is tinted while the third visor comes with a smoky finish design.
The user can select the visor according to the weather and lighting needs. The helmet also features improved stability, owing to its highly aerodynamic design, which significantly reduces the wind resistance at high speeds.
The liners are detachable, and users can wash it to prevent bacterial growth and keeping the helmet fresh and clean. The outer shell of the helmet comes fabricated with tough ABS and EPS materials, making it one of the sturdiest models out there in the market.
1. An improved eight-vent ventilation system for maximum cooling and airflow.
2. Features a quick-release buckle for swift on and off accessibility.
3. Transparent PC Shield, Scratch Resistant.
4. Features removable, washable COOLMAX comfort liner.
1. The noise is quite loud and produces a static hum when the driver is driving at high speed.
2. The fit is not as tight as you might think. You should choose a size accordingly.
Factors to Consider Before Hitting the Shop Now button
There are plenty of riders out there that do not want to wear a full face helmet no matter what the cost is.
If you ask them why they will come up with a myriad of reasons ranging from a limited field of view to breathability, it is true; full face helmets tend to be very snuggly fitted and possess the tendency to fog up in certain climatic conditions, especially if the visor does not feature anti-fog protection. Plus, full faced helmets sometimes get increasingly uncomfortable to wear in hot climates; with the heat and suffocation, and the sweat trickling down your eyes, it’s really unbearable sometimes.
That is all true, but over the course of times, helmet manufacturers have taken an entirely new approach to all kinds of helmet models, including full face helmets.Nowadays, these new- fangled designs come equipped with integrated ventilation systems, impact-absorbing moisture- wicked features, and more. While some low-end models might still be uncomfortable to wear and obstruct visibility, the new high-quality models come well equipped to ensure maximum comfort while providing top-of-the-line protection even in case of an accident.
Moreover, these new helmet models will also protect you from all kinds of flying debris, harsh sunlight, and cold gusts of wind.
The following is a list of factors that you should consider before buying a helmet in 2021.
It is obvious that the full face design offers the maximum amount of protection to the skull, crown, face, and also the rear part of the head. This helmet design usually features a chin bar to keep the helmet secured to your head, so even in the case of an impact with a hard surface, you won’t lose it.
Bikers who wear full face helmets are less likely to endure facial injuries since the full face helmet is the epitome of coverage when helmet models are under consideration. The rider who does not use a helmet that offers full protection faces a potential risk of brain and head injuries even with a quarter or half face helmet.
Comfort and Fitting
The full faced helmet design offers a snug fit on the rider’s head. This tighter fitting means that the helmet will not wobble and prevent the face from bouncing around.
It also further strengthens the fact that the helmet will stay on even when the rider crashes into a hard surface. Additionally, the full faced helmet design presents the perfect fit for riders who like to wear glasses or the ones who dislike the constant feeling of gusts of cold, piercing wind in their face.
Wind Noise Reduction
If you are a high-speed rider, there are thick chances that you dislike the disorienting and distracting wind noise that keeps on going past the head.
Most full face helmet models feature a wind noise reduction technology that keeps the air from entering the interior side of the helmet. This wind causes loss of concentration and makes it harder to focus; both of these factors become potentially dangerous at high speeds.
While on the road, only external protection is not enough. The interior side of the helmet should also feature a liner as well as comfortable cheek pads to ensure maximum comfort and safety.
These pads should be removable and washable so that easy cleaning is accessible to fend off any bacterial build up on the inner side. Usually, these pads come fabricated with impact-absorbing material to make sure that it significantly reduces the severity of an impact, whether to the face or the head.
This inner lining also plays an important role in user comfort during harsh, high-temperature climatic conditions.Yes, it is true that full faced helmets are considerably more uncomfortable to wear in hot climatic conditions, for they cause the rider to sweat excessively.
This stream of sweat is arguably discomforting, but very few people realize that it is more dangerous than they can think. A single drop of sweat that makes its way to the eyes of the rider can cause severe irritation and obstruct vision, picture this situation in a high-speed race, and it will be easy t understand how perilous the situation is.
Fortunately, most of the helmets today come equipped with liners fabricated with moisture-wicking material, specifically designed to keep the rider sweat-free and to keep the skin cool and dry throughout the ride.
Must Read Our Article:: Best Open-Face Motorcycle Helmets 2021 For Sale – Buying Guide
The full-face design covers most parts of the head and offers the maximum security to the skull, crown, the face, and also the rear part of the head. The full-face helmet design usually comes with a chin bar to keep the helmet secured to your head, so even in the case of an impact with a hard surface, you won’t lose it. Long story short, the full-face helmet is indeed the safest form of the helmet out there in the market.
If you are a high-speed rider or somebody who loves to take his riding to the limit, you surely cannot make any compromise on safety and security. Thus you need a full-face helmet since they are the safest form of helmet designs out there in the market. However, if you are using your bike for a slower commute or just a random stroll along the countryside, you might be okay with a half-face or quarter helmet design.
A correctly sized full-face helmet should fit snugly on your head, make sure it does not wobble or move back and forth or side to side when your head moves. Another way to make sure a helmet fits your head is to put a helmet on your head and make sure its front is no more than an inch above your eyebrows.
While there is a myriad of full face helmet designs and options out there, you have to find one that suits your needs and preferences. According to our best pick, the Bell Qualifier makes the best choice for it comes equipped with an auto-adjusting photochromic visor with, lightweight yet sturdy design. Surely the price tag’s a bit steep, but its pros heavily outweigh its cons, choose wisely, and have a safe ride.
- 5 Best Full Face Helmets 2021 – Review
- 6 Best Flip Up Motorcycle Helmets of 2021 – Review
- 7 Best Half Shell Motorcycle Helmets of 2021 – Reviews
- 5 Best Open Face Motorcycle Helmets Review 2021
- 12 Best Carbon Fiber Motorcycle Helmets 2021 – Review
- 10 Best Cricket Helmets of 2021 – Review & Buying Guide
- 10 Best Skateboarding Helmets Review 2021
- 14 Best Types of Motorcycle Helmets Review 2021
- 6 Best Smart Bike Helmets of 2021 – Review
- 6 Best Halo Bike Helmets of 2021 – Review
- 4 Best Hud Motorcycle Helmet Heads-Up Displays 2021 – Reviews
- 6 Best Bicycle Helmets for Kids 2021 – Review