When it comes to purchasing riding gear, for a rider, no piece of equipment is more significant than a good motorcycle helmet.
Protection against stern head injuries is serious business. A motorcycle and bicycle rider’s head is a serious business and getting hands-on to just the right one may be a daunting task considering so many styles and brands in the market.
14 Best Types of Motorbike Helmets 2022 For Sale – Buying Guide:
To satisfy even the most incomprehensible riding requirements, helmets come in all shapes, styles, and sizes, as they are the most intimate and imperative riding gear when it comes to safety. Just like the seat belt in the car, the helmet provides efficient protection to the riders on a motorcycle.
Many riders relish the elation when it comes to the freedom of traveling and riding a motorbike; they are not cognizant of the perpetual risks of riding without this important piece of safety equipment.
This is the main reason for most crashes and also why people get injured or even die every day. Thus it is of utmost essential to wear some kind of safety gear like a helmet to guard themselves against such calamities. While there are many helmets out there serving different styles, types, materials, and features, the reality is that most helmets are designed with some basic principles in mind.
They are all meant to provide you with safety against a crash and they do all that with a few key parts. The following are some with how they work:
1. Outer Shell:
This is the thing that’s on the outside and everybody can see. It is hard and rigid protecting your head from any hit in an accident. Usually, it is made of Kevlar, carbon fiber, hard plastics, or even fiberglass material that is strong enough to protect it from abrasion when the helmet hits the ground and saves your head from any injury.
2. Crushable Layer:
The thick foam layer is another cushion add-on under the outer shell for extra support of the skull. It is made of expandable polystyrene as it is lightweight and crushes under pressure. It is the physics behind this layer that when it crashes it happens to absorb and disseminate the high gravity forces, which is a large amount of energy, that can directly impact one’s head when gotten into a crash.
3. Padded Comfort Layer:
As the name suggests, it is an extra layer inside to give that comfort as it is lined up to make the helmet snug and comfortable. It is not just for comfort either but also for the important need for safety. It also makes sure that the edges aren’t projectile out to hurt one during a crash.
4. Chin Strap:
This is a basic yet vital component that keeps the helmet sturdy with its chinstrap cinched down with a pair of D-rings that hold most kinds of helmets in place. It provides life-saving protection when you ride and if you are, unfortunately, a victim of a crash.
|Top Top Top||German Novelty Flat Black Motorcycle Skull Cap Cruiser Biker S,M,L,XL,XXL (M, Flat Black)||More Info|
|Top Top||Shoei RF-SR Helmet - Solid (X-Large) (Black)||More Info|
|Top Top Top||Bell Rogue Half Helmet (Matte Black - Large)||More Info|
|Top Top Top||Vega Helmets Warrior Motorcycle Half Helmet with Sunshield for Men & Women, Adjustable Size Dial DOT Half Face Skull Cap for Bike Cruiser Chopper Moped Scooter ATV (Large, Gloss Black)||More Info|
|Top Top Top||ILM Open Face Motorcycle 3/4 Half Helmet for Moped ATV Cruiser Scooter DOT (Matte Black, L)||More Info|
|HJC Helmets CS-R3 Unisex-Adult Full Face Matte Motorcycle Helmet (Matte Black, Medium)||More Info|
|Top Top Top||BELL Bullitt Carbon Full-Face Helmet Matte Carbon Large||More Info|
|Top Top Top||ILM Full Face Motorcycle Street Bike Helmet with Removable Winter Neck Scarf + 2 Visors DOT (L, Matte Black)||More Info|
|Top Top||HJC RPHA-11 Pro Solid Helmet (Semi Flat Titanium, Medium) XF-10-0803-0147-05||More Info|
|Top Top Top||GLX Unisex-Adult GX11 Compact Lightweight Full Face Motorcycle Street Bike Helmet with Extra Tinted Visor DOT Approved (Matte Black, Medium)||More Info|
|Top Top Top||ILM Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet Modular Flip up Full Face Dual Visor Mp3 Intercom FM Radio DOT Approved (Red, M)||More Info|
|FreedConn Motorcycle Bluetooth Helmets,Bluetooth Integrated Modular Flip up Full Face Motorcycle Helmet,Dual Visor Bluetooth Helmet,Mp3 FM Intercom DOT Approved Helmet (Gloss Black, Large)||More Info|
|Top Top Top||Shoei VFX-EVO Zinger Helmet-TC-2-M||More Info|
|Top||Bell MX-9 MIPS Dirt Helmet (McGrath Showtime Replica Matte Black/Green - Large)||More Info|
1. German Novelty Flat Black Motorcycle Half Helmet:
These are the favorites of a cruiser rider and aren’t worn all the time, but generally when the state requires that a helmet be worn while riding a motorcycle. It is the least one can get away with when such a law is implemented. This is the bare minimum when it comes to protection.
They seem quite unprofessional and only cover the top of your head. Even then, they appear to be a decent choice than not wearing a helmet as safety matters. Below are a few options for the best dome helmets. German Novelty Flat Black Motorcycle Half Helmet Forward Position Nylon Y-Strap Retention System. – Do Not Interfere With Ears. Fully Lined Custom Formed Interior.
1. The helmet comes with a chin strap which can be attached with a ratchet clip and Y-strap.
2. The inner helmet liner is comfortable.
4. The material used in the helmet is the best quality so there is nothing to worry about in terms of safety.
5. Protecting your skull from crashes.
1. This helmet is not certified by DOT.
2. Shoei J-Cruise Helmets:
It is not just an ordinary open face lid; it is packed with inventive features like a smooth operating, distortion-free shield, built-in sun shield, innovative ventilation and more.
It is a great combination of fitness and style. It provides enhanced impact absorption by utilizing varying densities of foaming.Air dam that is integrated into the face shield reduces the wind turbulence and noise inside the helmet, which also keeps one from getting into any accidents.
- Internal built-in sun shield.
2. 4 shell sizes to ensure the right fit.
3. CJ-2 shield.
4. 3D max dryer interior system.
5. Tall field of vision.
1. Always a heavy open helmet.
2. Poorly adjusted slider cover.
3. Bell Rogue Helmet:
It is safe with attitude; it has the look of a half helmet with complete ¾ of comfort. The purpose of such a build is to guard against certain elements.It is lightweight thus the rider doesn’t get much distraction and also the shape provides further ease.
The easy muzzle connection and removal is further possible due to its magnetic locking connection. It comes with an industrial 5-year warranty, as it is a quality buy.
1. EPS system for personal fit.
2. Stainless steel D-rings and metal badges.
3. Magnetic locks.
4. Convenient speaker pockets.
5. Durable adjustable muzzle featuring a removable liner.
1. Many customers have found the fit of the helmet to be disproportionate.
2. The muzzle also tends to create rashes on the nose.
4. Vega Warrior Motorcycle Helmet:
The sides and back of the head are also protected with this particular type of helmet. It’s nearly as good as the whole face smallest motorcycle helmet, the only thing that doesn’t get protection is the eyes, thus getting a google can cover that too.
Usually, the police officer is seen wearing this type and other cruiser riders. While they are being less protective overall as they leave out face, ears and the base of one’s head exposed, even when they happen to have one big advantage i.e. they have greater visibility and more comfort from the airflow perspective.
1. Seven colors to choose from.
2. Quick-release system.
3. Lightweight design.
4. Available in six sizes.
5. EPS foam liner.
1. Does not provide complete protection in the event of an impact.
2. Not recommended for new riders.
5. Core Cruiser Motorbike Helmets:
The newly designed motorcycle half helmet is the ideal choice for motorbike riders looking for a more comfortable and stylish ride with its technology-loaded design, lightweight half face coverage, and cool comfortable fit.
Show off your USA pride with the aggressive patriotic flag design or choose one of the solid colors for a more streamlined look.The helmet is perfect for both men & women and loaded with features that offer you a more comfortable, custom fitting beanie motorcycle helmet.
1. Made with an injection thermoplastic alloy shell.
2. Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging.
3. Finished with premium automotive paint.
4. Plush breathable brushed nylon comfort interior.
5. Meets and exceeds DOT FMSV218 standard.
2. Poor ventilation.
6. HJC IS-2 Motorcycle Half-Helmet:
This particular open-face helmet is quite an exclusive buy as it has a D-retention system and is lightweight enough to be comfortable enough for the rider.
The sun shield is clear and provides quality protection against the blinding sun. it is DOT approved and is quite easy to maintain and clean due to the removable and washable liner.
1. Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell – Superior Fit and Comfort Using Advanced CAD Technology.
2. Removable and Washable SilverCool Interior.
3. Meets or Exceeds D.O.T. Standards.
4. Manual Integrated Retractable SunShield HJ-V4 – Simple Manual Operation with a Positive Resistance.
5. Double D-ring Chin Strap Retention System.
1. Fogs up during cold weather.
2. A bit heavy.
Must Read Our Article:: Best Cricket Helmets 2021 For Sale – Buying Guide
It is like the rich picked cream when it comes to helmets. It provides great protection covering all sides of your head including the chin.It has a sturdy face shield that gives protection against insects and bugs. These helmets offer the most protection and also does it give a much cooler look.
The main edge of wearing a full-face helmet is that a rider can see everything and the wide angle of road pretty clearly.Some of the best helmets under this type are as follows along with their quality features that make them worth the buy:
7. Bell Bullitt Carbon Full Face Motorcycle Helmet:
It is modern for and inspiration of the very first bell star helmet. It has exceptional fit feature and ultra- quality details.The bagger comes with an additional fat dark smoke shield. It is perfect for those who love to show off much of a vintage look with full-face protection.
1. Low-profile carbon shell.
2. Metal mesh intakes and exhaust vents.
3. Genuine leather interior.
4. 3 shell and EPS sizes.
5. Accessory shield for a personalized look.
1. It’s incredibly expensive.
2. The visor tends to vibrate sometimes.
8. ILM Full Face Motorcycle Street Bike Helmet:
It is the lightest and smallest flip front helmet weighing approx. 1550g and is a perfect fit for many.It has a wind tunnel-inspired design that uses areas of low and high pressure in order to create a cooling effect without creating any noise.It has looks and safety elements both to it thus it is a highly rated pick of many.
1. Quick removable and washable.
2. High-speed aerodynamic stability.
3. Innovative multi ventilation system.
4. High-speed aerodynamic stability.
5. Anti-roll-off safety feature.
1. Anti-fog visor coating is not effective.
2. The padding will be uncomfortable.
Touring Motorcycle Helmets:
Touring helmets are designed to give one comfort and safety if they are to go cover any long distance. Comfort on a long ride is more than just a necessity because having a noisy ride and no ventilation with helmet weight altogether plays a part in the rider’s experience.
The fact that long rides can get very uncomfortable thus getting your hands on the right touring helmet really is a matter of trepidation. Ventilation is of utmost importance on a long drive in hot weather thus one shall look for a helmet with good vents. Touring helmets usually come with Bluetooth and speakers so you may stay connected and entertained.
9. HJC RPHA-11 Pro Solid Helmet (Semi Flat Titanium, Large):
It is a premium helmet that has an integrated matrix plus features, carbon fiber build, and a unique woven blend that makes the shell both durable and strong.
It is adjustable due to the controllable rubber trimming on each vent. The ventilation system is also very satisfying compared to any weather. When the weather is concerned it works well even in the blinding fog.
1. Optimized shell design.
2. Adjustable Vents.
3. Strong and durable.
4. Max Air-flow top vent.
5. Aerodynamic shell.
1. Slightly small ear pockets.
2. Some noise control issues.
10. GLX Unisex-Adult GX11 Full Face Motorcycle Street Helmet:
GLX Helmets was established in Southern California in 2002. We import and distribute motorcycle helmets and accessories in the United States of America.
Our overseas manufacturing plant has been producing helmets internationally since 1994.Since the inception of GLX, our mission is to manufacture safe, affordable, and high-quality products that are marketable in any economic climate.
We have and continue to invest in Research Development design teams both in the United States of America and internationally to incorporate many of the ideas and suggestions of our American customers.
The result has been the ongoing evolution of creating safe, high quality, and innovative products. We emphasize safety first as the #1 priority in the manufacturing and design of motorcycle helmets and accessories.
1. Boasting a compact, aerodynamic DOT shell design.
2. Trendsetting springs for precise functionality.
3. Fully removable, washable, and replaceable microfiber inner material.
4. Multiple conscientiously designed ventilation panels.
5. Removable Breath Guard to reduce shield fogging.
1. The nose guard hurts.
Modular Motorbike Helmets:
In recent years, modular motorcycle helmets have skyrocketed in popularity as motorcyclists seek flexibility from their daily helmet choices.
Modular motorcycle helmets allow a rider to wear the helmet in full-face configuration with face shield and chin bar guard also it gives an option of wearing it with chin bar lifted up.They are extremely popular with the touring riders as they allow the flexibility of changing the helmet shield with just one push of a button.
11. Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet Modular Flip-up Dual Visors Full Face:
This motorcycle helmet with built-in Bluetooth feature is a perfect helmet that offers you a complete system for your interaction needs while you are riding your motorcycle. It has built-in noise-canceling microphones and speakers that allow bikers to receive GPS notifications, make calls and also listen to music.
The intercom communication feature allows you to stay in touch while riding for up to 500m with 2 fellow bikers.
1. ABS lightweight shell.
2. Universal Bluetooth connectivity.
3. Group communication feature.
4. Advanced ventilation system.
5. Easy to remove and clean liner.
1. Noise problem.
2. Visor is not anti fog.
12. FreedConn Motorcycle Bluetooth Motorcycle Modular Flip-up Dual Visor Helmet:
Thanks to the sleek design and amazing features of this top hat motorcycle helmet, it has become a hit for many as it brilliantly cuts down on noise from the wind and provides an amazing barrier sound feature.
The wide view is a plus so that the riders may get a better image of their surroundings. This lightweight helmet has a flip-up feature for the visor to give the rider an edge to adjust.
1. Equipped with Bluetooth 3.0 version, keep you connected to a cellphone, music player, and GPS system easily.
2. Easy to clean due to the removable liner.
3. Modular anti-scratch lip-up function.
4. The motorcycle bluetooth helmet supports one button control for calling, answering and redialing.
1. Issues with the visor and the audio.
Full-face motor-cross helmets are drastically different from street helmets. Instead of a shield, they happen to have a full chin bar guard and also an opening for goggles.
The visors are also adjustable to keep the debris, sun, and rain out of sight so the rider may experience no disturbance.
13. Shoei VFX-EVO Zinger Off-Road Helmet:
This sleek-shaped helmet is known to cut negative air pressure and provide great ventilation through the vents installed. It is a great buy and is easy to maintain and keep clean overall due to the removable interior.
It is a perfect top hat motorcycle helmet for off-roading due to an adjustable shield that can guard one against airflow, debris, and fun distractions.
1. Excellent ventilation.
2. Easy to remove and clean liner.
3. Lightweight due to organic fibers.
4. Reduces negative air pressure.
5. Disperses moisture quickly.
1. Uses standard non-industry technology.
14. Bell Moto-9 MIPS Off-Road Motorcycle Helmet:
The bell helmet is committed to providing great head protection to riders using purposely built-in solutions.
The helmet’s fitness and longstanding ability keep it in line. In off-road racing and motor-crossing, this helmet has proven to protect the rider to its maximum.
The three-layer liner incorporated in it is there to hold the impact energy of all three different levels of speed. Thus it is a great choice for a much greater price.
1. Lightweight carbon shell.
2. Antimicrobial fabric technology.
3. Protection against bacteria and odor.
4. Easily removable and washable.
5. Velocity control ventilation system.
1. It can get very cold in winter on longer stretches of road.
2. Lots of air inside the lid, especially when accelerating.
What Are The Different Motorcycle Helmet Types?
A very common and simple question but with not so simple answer that comes in any motorcyclist’s head is, what kind of motorcycle helmet is best for them? According to the safety stats its utterly important to pick the right one depending on the type of riding you do.
There is also a need for figuring out the style and look of the helmet for comfort and satisfaction. With the wide-ranging variety of helmet styles to choose from following are just a few best options according to your targeted type of helmet:
Must Read Our Article:: Best Smart Bike Helmets 2021 For Sale – Buying Guide
From literally any range of helmets high-end to retro throwback basics, when it comes to wearing a helmet, fit is an important factor with the range of other factors already discussed above. Considering all those factors one shall always invest in a good helmet as life is worth it.
Without a helmet, the head is not protected when you are hit in any crash and thus that leads to some people calling motorcycles “donor-cycles” as the people who receive head injuries in any such calamity end up being brain dead while the rest of the body remains fit for organ donation.
Helmet standards are mandatory and in some countries, they should follow DOT and Snell standards. For our own safety and fun, it is best to use a helmet so it is not your last.
- 5 Best Full Face Helmets 2022 – Review
- 6 Best Flip Up Motorcycle Helmets of 2022 – Review
- 7 Best Half Shell Motorcycle Helmets of 2022 – Reviews
- 5 Best Open Face Motorcycle Helmets Review 2022
- 12 Best Carbon Fiber Motorcycle Helmets 2022 – Review
- 10 Best Cricket Helmets of 2022 – Review & Buying Guide
- 10 Best Skateboarding Helmets Review 2022
- 14 Best Types of Motorcycle Helmets Review 2022
- 6 Best Smart Bike Helmets of 2022 – Review
- 6 Best Halo Bike Helmets of 2022 – Review
- 4 Best Hud Motorcycle Helmet Heads-Up Displays 2022 – Reviews
- 6 Best Bicycle Helmets for Kids 2022 – Review